What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails. When you fill out a VillaKey rental agreement, the email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, as well as emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. You may opt out at any time.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order:
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any of your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Following the respective law, you have the right to the access and portability of your personal data, to update it, to delete it, and to object and restrict the processing of it. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please send us an email to email@example.com and let us know what you would like to do.
- If you are a European resident, please know that in order for us to fulfill our contracts with you (such as the process of booking a home through us) or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests, we need to process your information. Please know that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, as we are a company in the United States.
- For California and Vermont residents, when processing your payment information, we will not share information collected from you (both financial and non-financial) with our affiliates or third parties, except as permitted or required by your respective states’ laws.
- In addition to that, California residents (as permitted by the California state law) may request and obtain yearly from us, a copy that lists all of the third parties to whom we have disclosed (with their prior consent) their personal information (if any) to for their direct marketing purposes and what type of personal information was disclosed as well. Following this, you can also withhold your consent, which will cease or prevent the disclosure of your personal information to the third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Access of your personal information
You have the right to ask for access to your personal information. If requested, a copy of your personal data will be given to you for your records.
- Portability of your personal information
You have the right to your data portability. If requested, we will send you a copy of your personal data held by us and/or ask for us to send this data to a third-party (where feasible).
- Updating of your personal information
You have the right to update any and all personal data pertaining to you.
- Deletion of your personal information
You have the right to request a deletion of any and all of your personal data. After a transaction, we do not keep records of your credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc. However, for marketing, reporting, and fraud prevention purposes, we do keep information such as your first and last name, your email, etc. If you choose to, you do reserve the right to delete any of this information if:
Your personal information is no longer needed for the reasons we just stated.
You decide to withdraw your consent to us storing your personal data if we processed your data with your consent.
You object to your personal data being processed and we do not have a reason (legal or otherwise) to override your request.
Your personal information is processed unlawfully.
Your personal information must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- Objection and restriction of the processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and we will comply unless there is a legitimate reason for us to continue processing or if such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information if:
You claim that your information is inaccurate during the time that we are processing it.
The processing of your personal data is unlawful and you don’t want to delete your personal information and request restriction instead.
We don’t need your personal information for processing anymore, but you need your personal data for any legal claims you may have.
You objected to the processing of your personal information, for the time period where we have to verify overriding legitimate reasons.
Terms and Conditions
- Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.